Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rain Forces NASCAR Sprint Cup Martinsville Event Postponed to Tomorrow

Photo Credit: Rusty Jarrett/Getty Images for NASCAR

Stopping the force of a combined 32,000 horsepower, the Virginia rain has prevented any of the Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500's laps from being recorded. Holding the race's open ceremonies under the hope that the than-light rain would dissipate for clearer skies, race plans at Martinsville Speedway would have likely seen the event run to at least the 250 lap halfway point (making the race an official event). Before 3PM, NASCAR were forced to squash any plans of racing on Sunday announcing that the race's start will be postponed to tomorrow (Monday, March 29th) at noon. Serving as an iffy rescheduling, forecasts on the Martinsville, Virginia area tomorrow still calls for a 30% chance of showers. However, there's a 70% chance that at least half of the Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500 will be run.

With Kevin Harvick starting off in front, the race at Martinsville Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup series will be shown live on Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment